Job Opportunities: Ottawa Muslim Community Services (OMCS) Culturally Integrative Gender-Based Violence Intervention Model Project Coordinator – Ottawa, ON
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Status: Part-time – Contract
Hours: 9 p.m./week
Salary scale: $25.00/hr; 4% instead of benefits
Application deadline: until filled
Who we are
The Muslim Resource Center for Social Support and Integration is a non-profit, charitable, anti-violence and social support agency that promotes family safety and well-being within London’s diverse communities.
The Ottawa Muslim Community Services (OMCS) in Ottawa is an organization whose vision is to foster a safe and healthy community where everyone can access religious and culturally appropriate services that meet their needs.
Summary of work
Part-time position for the ‘Scaling Up Promising Practice – A Model for a Culturally Integrative Response to Gender Based Violence’ project, funded by the Department for Women and Gender Equality (WAGE). This project is led by the Muslim Resource Center for Social Support & Integration (MRCSSI) in London, Ontario and in partnership with Ottawa Muslim Community Services (OMCS) in Ottawa and the Coalition of Muslim Women (CMW) in Kitchener/Waterloo. We are looking for a Project Coordinator to lead the work in the Ottawa area.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Identify and contact key organisations, stakeholders and potential partners for the project.
• Conduct community outreach and development activities to facilitate participant referrals.
• Engage and ensure participation of all key stakeholders.
• May be needed to support literature and program reviews.
• Support the development of project methodologies, processes and an evaluation plan.
• Support research and analysis of relevant information and data.
• Coordinate logistics and schedule participants for meetings and briefings.
• Ensure the timely preparation of information and other written documents/materials necessary for the implementation of the project.
• Support planning and coordination to ensure training of program participants
• Consult regularly with the project manager.
• Facilitate the engagement of survivors, diverse Muslim communities and service providers as partners to foster safe and courageous dialogues on GBV and oppressive practices faced by women and girls at different levels.
• Ensure that activities in Ottawa are consistent with project objectives and ensure that the project is on target, on budget and on schedule, with appropriate reporting and evaluation.
• University degree in social services or a related field, including social work, social services, sociology, psychology, counselling, business, communication or public health.
• Knowledge of the violence against women sector and/or knowledge of agencies, organizations and groups serving the Muslim community.
• Some knowledge around the principles of project management, project planning and/or implementation
• Ability to handle complex and sensitive issues and to make ethical decisions.
• Some experience or knowledge of project management software.
• Demonstrated skills in anti-oppressive practices and ability to communicate appropriately with people of diverse backgrounds, cultures and experiences;
• Demonstrated experience in providing culturally appropriate and sensitive services.
• Excellent interpersonal, time management, problem solving and organizational skills; ability to work independently, as well as within a team environment.
• Proficiency and familiarity with Microsoft Office, including word processing and spreadsheets, e-mail and Internet browsing, an asset.
• Languages: English is essential – French and other languages are an asset.
MRCSSI and OMCS invite applications from all equity-seeking groups and are committed to providing accommodation at all stages of hiring and employment. If you require accommodation, please indicate this in your application.
We thank all interested applicants, but only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.